My 2015 album with Barnaby Oliver is now available for streaming/download:
2002 debut album from The Unnameable (myself and Andrew McIntosh) now available on for streaming/download:
Out soon on Frustration Jazz
Recorded outside of Queenstown, Tasmania, in October.
Will Guthrie “People Pleaser” LP – Guthrie’s latest is part mash-up, part collage, incorporating snippets of records and recordings of obscure sources with Guthrie’s percussion. An incredible departure from an endlessly-inventive artist. It’s a game changer. Limited copies available.
Ernie Althoff “Fifteen” CD – Althoff takes a formal compositional approach to six of his classic percussive machines, pairing them in the fifteen permutations of the title. These tracks are subtle and gentle, yet rich in complexity through their interlocking rhythmic patterns and ‘solos’ engineered later in the mix by Althoff. No mysteries of slight-of-hand here; Althoff details his compositional process in the liner notes, and each machine is photographed to show its workings.
**Order any Althoff CD and get a copy of his ‘Heliosonics’ CD free**
Order from http://ShameFileMusic.com
OUT SOON ON SHAME FILE MUSIC:
Moe Chee “Be It Hot, Humid or Ghostly Cold” CD (disc art by Anna Dusk – pictured, design assistance from Peter Chang & Chen-Hen Chou)
Dotabata/ Llara Isabell Arena “Surface Noise Vol. 5” CDR (split release with Iceage Productions)
Jenny Barnes/ Alice Hui-Sheng Chang, David Brown, Nigel Brown, Tim Catlin, Rosalind Hall & Michael McNab “Surface Noise Vol. 6” CDR (split release with Iceage Productions)
MOE CHEE TAIWAN TOUR JANUARY 2018:
- Friday 12 January 2018 – Little Play, Taichung, Taiwan.
- Saturday 13 January 2018 – Ting Shuo, Tainan, Taiwan. Facebook event.
- Sunday 14 January 2018 – Kaohsiung, Taiwan (details to come)
- Friday 19 January 2018 – Jiang Shan Yi Gai Suo, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
– Saturday/Sunday 17-18 February 2018 – CURRENT (guest curated by myself and Michael McNab), Aeso Studio, 83 Brunswick St, Fitzroy (details to come).
– Saturday 17 March 2018 – Quiet Noise VII, 15 Neil St, West Footscray. Facebook event.
Artefacts of Australian Experimental Music is a series of CDs I compiled and released a few years back, documenting for the first time the audio history of experimental music in Australia. Shame File Music has a nice special deal on purchasing both copies in the lead-up to Xmas, so why not buy a friend (or yourself) a pressie: